I was nominated for the Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is passed from blogger to blogger as a way for readers to discover new and fascinating blogs. If nominated, you answer a set of questions, create your own questions, and nominate 5-11 bloggers for the award. Thanks for the nomination Peterson Family Travels!
1. If you had to be stranded in one city for 5 years, where would you want it to be and why?
Madrid, Spain. Music, art, food, history, mountains. I’ve always wanted to be fluent in Spanish so five years ought to do it!
2. What are 3 things you can always find in your carry-on bag?
Hmm…a book, sunglasses, and an extra layer. Nothing special.
3. What is your most memorable travel experience?
All the times I’ve been climbing a treacherous mountain and thought, I can’t do this, but did it anyway. Most recent experience that comes to mind was hiking the unmarked Trap Dike up Mt. Colden in the Adirondack Park last October. It stuck with me because it was the day I lived to see another day.
4. Do you have any favorite bloggers that inspire you?
Individual bloggers don’t inspire me as much as specific posts from many different bloggers. But Steph from Twenty-Something Travel inspired me from the beginning. We both travel with our significant others. She gives the best advice on things that actually apply to me. It’s like she knows. She’s funny, honest, creative, and always herself.
5. How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start?
I’ve been blogging nine months. What inspired me to start was my desire for adventure post-college, and my love for writing. It was an outlet and a motivator for me to keep practicing the craft while traveling.
6. Why do you travel?
Because I can’t sit still. I love finding and creating stories. There are so many ways to live life creatively, and as a society we don’t explore them enough. The sedentary, 9-5 office lifestyle is boring and overdone. I hope to inspire people to pursue everything they love in life and not to be put down for thinking differently.
7. If you had to choose one, would you pick going on an African Safari, Alaskan Cruise, or Island Hopping in Hawaii?
Island hopping in Hawaii. Tropical mountains and ocean at my fingertips? Heaven on earth for me.
8. Do you have any embarrassing travel moments? If so, explain.
Probably a lot, but I don’t embarrass easy. The first time I left the U.S. was for a music festival in Canada with a boy I had just started dating. It was sort of a last minute trip, so I wasn’t prepared for my cell phone or cash not to work, or the language barrier to cause some troubles. I sounded like an idiot, “Why isn’t my cell phone working?!” Plus my credit card broke the day before, so I had no functioning money for the entire three days. I had to mooch off of him and kept telling him, “I swear, if I had money I would be paying for this!”
9 What is your next trip planned?
Currently living a year in Portland to save up. Then, who knows? Volunteering in Spain? Backpacking in Indonesia? Greece? Bulgaria? I definitely want an abroad experience.
1. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
2. If you could open your door tomorrow and be anywhere, where would that be?
3. What was a travel mistake that you learned from?
4. What blogger/traveler inspires you most and why?
5. What do you consider your greatest strength as a traveler/blogger?
7. If you had anything on your head besides hair, what would you want it to be and why?
8. What is something you always have with you that isn’t an electronic device?
9. In a short summary, what is a travel story that you could tell again and again?
10. Where do you see yourself in five years?